Valentina serial // newbie Usage of Valentina for RB

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan at paradigmasoft.com
Fri Feb 22 01:50:39 CST 2008

On 22/2/08 12:19 AM, "Lynn Fredricks" <lfredricks at proactive-intl.com> wrote:

Hi Thomas,

> Listen, I am completely lost on how to use your product. Your site does not
> seem to help me at all. Can you send me a 'Hello World' type of project that I
> can run in REALbasic? Or perhaps a direct link to a site where I can download
> a few SIMPLE projects? I know nothing about data bases and their uses.

Well, I will recommend you subscribe to Valentina list, and step by step we
will teach you.

STEP 1:

    download V4RB
    you have free 2.5.8 version, right?
    so get it here

    http://valentina-db.com/download/prev_releases/2.5.8

    choose V4RB_2_win.exe  or v4rb_2_mac.dmg

STEP 2:

    install it.

<http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:docume
ntation:v4rb:manual:installation:installation>

STEP 3: read and play with TUTORIAL

<http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:docume
ntation:v4rb:tutorial:tutorial>

STEP 4: play with
            HOME/Paradigma Software/V4RB_2/Examples

        and read Examples Guide about them.

<http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:docume
ntation:examples:guide:v4rb:v4rb>

STEP 5: read all other docs, articles, FAQs, TIPs, ...
Ask questions :-)

P.S. If you kno nothing about dbs you may want also get few books about dbs,
db models, db design, SQL and read something.