Newbie question: Valentina 2.5.8 & Rev 2.8.1 on OS X: where's the windows vcomponents?

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Wed Feb 20 19:41:52 CST 2008

>I'm not 100% sure what you're saying there. Are you saying that it is
>impossible to producing working crossplatform applications with
>Valentina and Revolution unless you have both Valentina and Revolution
>licenses on each of the platforms you want to deploy on? And, that the
>free license you've given me will only allow me to deploy on one
>platform? If your intention in handing out free licenses was to
>increase sales, you won't win me as a customer by giving me something
>that I can't use crossplatform.

Martin,

This should not come to you as a surprise. When you signed up for a
free license, you had to chose the platform, so it should be clear
for you that the give-away was only a single platform per developer.
Consider this as a full featured demo -- normal demo mode forces you
to quit after 10 mins. You can test/develop on the other platform in
the demo mode, so it is possible, but you will need a license to ship
a product. Each deployment platform needs its own license.

The give-away of previous major version is a carrot so to speak -- if
you get enticed by it, you are likely to buy the current version; if
you don't like it, just toss it away.

Robert