Damage a database

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Wed Feb 20 05:03:25 CST 2008

On 2008-02-20, at 08:19, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
> I think this can totally corrupt USB device!
> Do not do this :-)

I warned about damages before and after the points listed ...

> Again, why do this so physically with hardware?
>
> You can always do on Mac   Force Quite for an application.
>    Effect 100% the same.

Is "Force Quiting" the same, as e.g. pulling a device? Of course your
quitting the app, but the system still keeps running (of course). So
what happened with data that is in e.g. write cache will this finally
written trough the disk due to the system or is all this killed by the
"Force Quit" on the application?

My long term experience on REAL issues on production system is that
more than 75% are caused by physical issues and not by crashing the db
app or the OS. I'm afraid you're not able to emulate this by "Force
Quit".

But to use an old HP slogan: "No Risc/k no fun" ;-)))

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--
objectmanufactur.com - Hamburg,Germany