new user...

Thierry 00bioarchimed at free.fr
Mon Feb 18 11:39:32 CST 2008

Hi Ruslan,

>> Install it, and got this error in the install stack:
>>
>> -----------------------------------
>> Created /Users/thierry/Documents/My Revolution Studio/Externals/
>> Database Drivers
>> Copy plugin: /Users/thierry/Paradigma Software/V4REV_2/dbvalentina2
>> Successful!
>
>> Can't copy plugin /Users/thierry/Paradigma Software/V4REV_2/
>> v4rev.bundle to folder: /Users/thierry/Documents/My Revolution
>> Studio/
>> Externals
>
> Hmm, why it is not copied ...

Patch in DoInst Handler :
change revCopyFile by yrevCopyFolder !!!
    ------------------
     get CheckExist( lPluginFile, lExternPath )
     if the result is false then
       -- revCopyFile lPluginFile, lExternPath
        revCopyFolder lPluginFile, lExternPath
       if the result is empty then
         Message "Copy plugin: " & lPluginFile & " Successful!"
   --------------------

Now, first step install works.

> You need also quite and start Revolution again after this.

Yep, did it.

>> and start the lessons_1 from Valentina.
>
>> In the lesson_1 stack External References, I see: V4REV_2/Macho.
>
> This is deprecated, because plugins now are registered in the
> Externals.txt
> and Database Drivers.txt

Well, i have it here :
Applications/Revolution Studio/..../Database Drivers/VXCMD_macho.bundle

What do I have to do with it ?
Drop it or leave it ?

> P.S. Make sure you have read this:
>

> <http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?
> id=paradigma:public:en:docume
> ntation:v4rev:howto:databases_from_zero:databases_from_zero>

Thanks for the link, read them.

Regards,
Thierry