Backup

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Thu Feb 14 03:13:21 CST 2008

Hi,

On 2008-02-14, at 10:03, Ivan Smahin wrote:
> BTW,  Backup  is  implemented  in  very efficient  manner  -  it  is
> almost
> instant.  Bigger  database will be backuped longer but here is linear
> dependence.

I didn't have a real "big" currently running, or do you count
160MB-200MB as big, I hope not ;-)

But for this system it is instant. And while using mySQL or all these
***Base the users know it's time for lunch when the 13:00 slow-down
due to backup happened, they know in average didn't notice the back up
at all.

> In   other  words if you set timeout to 5 minutes and your query takes
> more time you will be disconnected.
Yes, this is sadly true, but in most cases the next release have fixed
the speed issue, so it was not as bad as it sounds.

> But we think it should be split on two different timeout settings:
>
> MaxIdleClientTimeout for 1)
> MaxExecutionClientTimeout for 2)

THIS sounds very reasonable for me!

regards