Many vservers on single comp

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Wed Feb 13 04:22:46 CST 2008

Hi,

oh - new topic for this part ;-)

On 2008-02-13, at 10:56, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 13/2/08 11:26 AM, "Jeff Justice" <listaccount at starionline.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> 3) So admin assume only one server can run on single computer?
>>>   do you image that in reality its possible to have few?
>>>
>>> With Valentina we can have Valentina Office and Valentina Embedded
>>> server
>>> running.
>>
>> Not sure what your point is.  Valentina Office and Valentina Embedded
>> Server are two different products.  Are you saying I would want to
>> run
>> multiple instances of a database server on one machine?
>
> Yes.
>
> And we can get this easy if DEVELOPER A develop own app A,
> Developer B develop own appB, both use Valentina Embedded Server
>
> Then user Jeff loads from sites these 2 apps, install them,
>    you get two different instances of VSERVER.
>
> This is more safe that if two apps will fight for single instance.
> Also if remember versions issues ...

I want to give a real world sample for this and what happened if
someone do it other way.

Do you ever used apps from Chronos, e.g. StickyBrain, and be a fan of
Marketcircles Daylight? Both are really great Mac apps, with good user
experience!

But there are some times in the past where you never should install
both on the same machine! Because both used the same database (no not
Valentina) and used it as an embedded system even though it is NOT an
embedded database. The result was loss of productive data, a crashy
system and unable to use to previous installed app.

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--
objectmanufactur.com - Hamburg,Germany