Getting out...

Joseph Morgan joseph at checkos.com
Tue Feb 12 08:07:01 CST 2008

I remember when I was getting started that vserver wouldn't start up
at all for me when rebooting the computer.
I discovered that double clicking on the vserver file would start the
server. But it wasn't needed after the startup files were corrected by
Ruslan.

Why is it important to double click on vserver anyway? On my systems,
vserver starts up each time I boot up the computer. That is how it is
supposed to work, correct? Or are people wanting to double click on it
when the server crashes in order to reset the server without
restarting the computer? If thats the case then I sort of understand.
For me, when vserver crashes, I restart the computer. If there was a
quicker way, I would totally use it.

As far as RealSQLServer, I haven't even looked at it beyond the
pricing. Is it a service? Or is it an app that the users are
responsible for keeping open? If it's the later, then that would not
be viable for many developers. I said it before, the licensing is what
attracted me to valentina, but the quick updating and bug fixing and
response from this list is what makes valentina more attractive.

Joseph Morgan