Getting out...

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Feb 12 01:57:54 CST 2008

On 12/2/08 12:00 AM, "Jeff Justice" <listaccount at starionline.com> wrote:

Hi Jeff,

> Thank you to Ruslan and all others who have helped me try and make it
> work along the way.

What I do not like when __DEVELOPERS___ say that something simple not works,
and make big noise on this.

For example, yesterday on private chat you have claim that

    * WHY vserve_office made as .app
        what means it should be double clickable.
        I have explain why -- to be all in one.

    * You say that double click DO NOT starts vserver.
        I have told you that in the past I self have check this
        and it did work, as far as I remember.

    Jeff says that vserver do not starts on double click.

Okay. Lets check.

1) Open Activity monitor.
    in the search field type two letters  "vs"
    if vserver running now -- force it quite.

2) open folder /Library/VServer_Office.
    trash here vserver_office.log file  -- to see it it will be created

Now do double click on Vserver_Office.app

    Bingo -> in the Activity monitor we see that vserver_office is runing.
    And yes, vserver.log file was created correctly.

Okay, lets check if vstudio can connect to it:
    Start vstudio, and we see Bonjour icons of vserver. All works fine.
    Please see attached picture.

Where problems ???
What not works ???

And I have told that just there is no need to start vserver in SUCH way.
But AND THIS WAY really works.

P.S. IMHO, If somebody cannot drive F17 fighter,
    this not means that F17 is bad :-)

P.S. And I was able second time force quite vserver, and run it again and
again via double click...