Finding duplicates

Mr. Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 15:34:34 CST 2008

Yo Thorsten,

thanks for chiming in :-)

On 7-feb-08, at 21:19, Thorsten Hohage wrote:

> Hi Bart,
>
> On 2008-02-07, at 21:12, Mr. Bart Pietercil wrote:
>> how do I separate the records that based on firstname and lastname
>> are doubles in the table from the rest.
>> So I want to see the doubles (not the distinct). Probably need to
>> use distinct in a subselect but my head refuses cooperation.
>

> What do you mean with separate? Do you want to set a flag in that
> row, delete them, ...???

First I want to compare them, decide which one has to go and which one
can stay.
So let's say that in a list of 1000 users 20 are duplicates. Easiest
case 20 times 2 records with identical first and lastnames.
So I would like to have a query that builds a cursor displaying the 40
records order by first and last name (not grouped) so they are easily
comparable to human eyes.

tia

Bart