Re: put VPicture_ReadPicture(fldRef) into var

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 10:10:25 CST 2008

Neither "read picture" example (API way or SQL way) in the example stack
work. I did manage to crash RunRev and lose my work in another program. The
ReadFromBlob compressed example does work but it is complex enough (instead
of just reading in one image it reads in a bunch and stores them in some
property and then goes through them, complex enough so that I can't figure
it out. I just want to get one picture out of the data and display it.
Sometimes using Valentina I have to spend two or three days just to figure
out how to do one simple task. I think something is wrong and my feeling is
that the example stack needs to be just one simple task and actually work.
So instead of reading 100 pictures in (and from where? It just makes 100
empty frames) and then going one to the next lets make it read in one image
and then show how to write that image to file and how to read that single
image from the database.

I'm now going to go back and spend the rest of today trying to figure this
out when all I want to do is read one image in from the database and display
it in a picture feel in RunRev.