Valentina for iPhone - Discussion.

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at cognosis.be
Wed Dec 10 13:02:31 CST 2008

On 10 Dec 2008, at 19:47, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> You talk here about kind of "compilation" of ready app from Vproject.
> Right?

Indeed I do. This is THE opportunity to leverage the forms and
javascript goodies inside vStudio.
Compile it as an app that can run on windows, linux, mac and iphone
AND enable them to connect to a vServer that is running the same
project.

People would be building small and simple applications in a heartbeat
but some of them would grow into making these app work with a vserver.
I can assure you that the possibilities are endless.

Imagine stock taking applications where the iPhone clients (taking the
stock) would immediately  submit their data to the central warehouse
server if online or take the data into the local db and synchronise
when connected to the (internal) network.
or another one (maybe more clear)
Logistics firm: all truck drivers have iphones, in the central
database are the trucks orders, once a truck delivers its cargo, the
central systems is notified, a message is sent to the shipping
company,....
new order for the truck ? The iphone knows because he can query the
central server.

All this could work with bitsets (minimising data transfer == cost for
the logistics firm)

Anyway don't get me started, I don't do logistics any more ;-)

Bart