How to open a db with read only?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Dec 9 12:33:12 CST 2008

Hello,

probably a very simple question:

I have a Valentina (V4Rev2) db which I need for read only. But with every
close of my App the db file is updated with a new "timestamp" (I don't write
anything to the db from my app). The issue is, that Windows Vista now
virtualises the db, because it is located in the program files structure and
Vista thinks I want to write to the program files dir, what it doesn't like.
What I am doing to open is just (beside some other statements):

    get VDatabase_Open( gDBRef, tDbPath )

when closing:

    get VDatabase_Close( gDBRef )

    get VDatabase_Destructor( gDBRef )

    get Valentina_ShutDown()

I didn't find any "open readonly". How can I prevent Valentina to update the
db when closing and so preventing Vista to virtualize it?

Thank you

Tiemo