[V4RB} How create table in converted db?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Aug 24 00:31:12 CDT 2008

On 8/24/08 3:01 AM, "REALBasic" <rb at teknia.com> wrote:

Hi Bill,

> Okay. I've got the conversion from database format 1 to 2 working.
> Thanks for your help. But now I need to create a new table and field
> in the converted database. I suspect I am missing something obvious.
> Help?
>

> // Convert
>
>      Valentina.Convert_1_2(oldFolderitem, newFolderItem, true, "", "")
>
> // Create Search table
>
>      myDataBase = new dbDatabase
                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this is your class, yes?

>      myDatabase.Open( newFolderItem )
>
>      tblSearches = myDatabase.CreateTable( "SEARCHES" )
>      fldVersion = tblSearches.CreateShortField( "VERSION" )

So you use API Way of Valentina

VDatabase.SchemaVersion -- find description of this property.
    it discuss how to change dbs if you use API Way.

In short:

You need modify db using regular Vdatabase class but not your.
Then close it, and open using YOUR class.