ODBC Example

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Aug 19 00:02:50 CDT 2008

On 8/19/08 1:52 AM, "AlfonsoFung" <alfonso at alfonsofung.com> wrote:

> Ruslan, I was thinking, is it possible to cast
> VCursor/VResult/VBitSet/VArraySet into a DataSet/DataTable or make them into
> a BindingSource so that data-aware controls can use any of them as
> datasource.  If it is possible them there is no need for the odbc (because
> my reason to have odbc is to make dataset/datatable for datasource); we will
> have a updateable datasource in VCursor for example.  Alfonso

Cast no.

But I believe I have see in VB that DataSurce interface is very simple.
Something like few methods only.

So you must be able easy write small own class inherited from Datasource,
which know Vcursor, and implement that few methods.

In other words you need write small wrapper class around Vcursor.

You use not VB but other basic. But idea is the same.