asynchronous query processing

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Aug 1 01:52:31 CDT 2008

On 7/12/08 8:51 PM, "Stefan Von Torklus" <stefanvt at gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Stefan,

I have note that it seems your letter was never asked.
Vacations...

Reading.

> Currently we are searching for the right DB-Backend for one caching-system in
> our server. (C++ ADK 3.0) We don't want to code all the Memory/File-things on
> our own. ;-)
> I knew valentina from earlier projects and get in touch with its imposing
> speed.  (I have an actual VDN-Pro Licence)

> Is there a way to get an asynchronous interface to make queries?
> We have only limited threads within our server (and don't want to change
> this). So we can't wait for an answer of the engine for so long.

> If the data is a cache-hit (within memory) it wouldn't be the big problem. But
> if the Enginge needs to read from the filesystem, it would be to long to wait
> for our thread...

> Is there, or will there be a possibility to do this with valentina in the near
> future?

Let me clarify.

1) Do you talk about scenario

    A)    APP               -> embedded engine
    B)    (APP + VCLIENT)   -> vserver

2) you already see that it works slow for you?
    or you just expect it will be slow?

3) For example if talk about
        curs = db.SqlSelect( "SELECT ..." )

    then this is atomic command for now.
    But when you have on hands cursor, you may read it record
    by record from thread async