Deleted Database issue

Chris McConnell chris at mc-data.com
Sat Apr 26 14:32:36 CDT 2008

Ok the database was created by the same code structure as Lesson 2-2 code
which is client server. I cannot dup the problem from the lesson code so I
need to do more testing. The program operated as expected creating a
database as a client on the Vserver.

I then opened Vstudio and right clicked and deleted the database.

I then tried to run the program again and received no Vexceptions and no
other error codes from the Vserver and the program fails with a
nilobjecterror . The database object was nil. The program should have built
a new database and tables but not.

I then restart the Vserver from Vstudio and all works fine again. One other
strange deal is the fact that when the database is created from the exact
Lesson 2-2 code and Vstudio is already running it does not recognize the new
database unless I close all databases and reopen a new connection. The
refresh will not bring in the new database even though it is connected to
localhost.

This seems as though there is a synchronization problem. It may just be
VStudio but I should not have gotten the nilobject error in my program.

Using VServer_Embedded (3.5.2, Kernel 3.5.2 )

Vstudio 3.5.2

RB 2007r5

V4RB-win

Yours Truly,