A few questions re Valentina compared with SQLite

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Apr 19 09:21:22 CDT 2008

On 4/19/08 4:35 PM, "bigbird" <greg at hawkmount.com> wrote:

Hi Greg,

> Thank you for your speedy reply - you have a fantastic reputation for
> your support - that speed was amazing!

Thank you.

> You said I could use IndexbyWords then mentioned REGEX, does
> IndexbyWords have limitations that would necessitate using REGEX?

These are 2 different features and both can solve task you are asking about.

IndexbyWords build special index that keep separate WORDS.
    then search as  WHERE fld = 'hat'  should find EXACT matches

REGEX works usually without index, so it can be slower, but it can be more
flexible.

> Does IndexbyWords make for slow searches or does it just make the
> datafile larger? Or neither.

REGEX can be slower

> This search capability is vital for my project so I would like to
> know as much detail as possible - thanks - do you have a document I
> could look at about this?

In the Valentina WIKI I have did search as
    IndexByWords and    Index by words

This is a couple of pages found by that:

<http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:docume
ntation:vkernel:vfield:flags&s=index+words>

<http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:docume
ntation:vkernel:faqs:faqs&s=index+words>

> Are you talking about development or deployment platforms here?

deployment

>> Valentina is royalty free.
>> You need Valentina for REALBasic option
>>       199 for single platform
>>       299 for 2 platform
>>       399 for 3 platforms
>

> I would assume you mean deployment platforms - so to deploy for Mac,
> Win and Linux would be 399?

yes

> Thanks again for your speedy reply - I am very impressed!!

Again thank you.