Realbasic Object Model question

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Apr 15 13:08:34 CDT 2008

On 4/15/08 7:43 PM, "Neal Campbell" <nealk3nc at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Neal,

> I am working on a project using a local Valentina DB and want to use
>  the Object model. In the examples there are none of the "EVFlag"
>  attributes set. Does the OO model not use any of them (for instance,
>  indexed, nullable, etc.)?
>
>  I can see I establish the binary links as separate objects which is
>  quite nice but do not know about EVFlag settings.

1) EVFlag of course can be used in the API Style.

For example see here:

<http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=paradigma:public:en:docume
ntation:api:vtable_class:structure_methods:numeric_fields#vtable.createshort
field>

You can see it usage in CreateXXXXField() methods

CreateShortField(
    inName as string,
    inFlags as EVFlag = fNone,
    inMethod as String = "" ) as VShort

So you can write:

    tblPerson.CreateStringField( "fldLastName", EVFlag.Indexed )

2) Please note, Valentina provides not OO Model, but OR Model,
    i.e. Object-Relational.

3) in section of WIKI / Articles you can find article about models.