[VStudio] convert_1_2 doesn't work; export doesn't work for v1 files

Giacomo Vernoni giacomo at way-out.it
Mon Apr 14 05:17:06 CDT 2008

Added to Mantis on April 11.

I tried to install 3.5.1, 3.5, 3.4 after deleting the previous (well..
next!) version.
No go.

Export doesn't work on v1, convert_1_2 doesn't work.

Is it Leopard? Is it Intel? Is it me? I don't know. I just need the
work done...
My Mac is brand new so there aren't years of upgrades or
installations: System is clean.

By the way, there's a glitch in the export dialog, when it asks the
name: if you enable/disable (one or more times) the "hide extension"
checkbox, it just keeps adding a dot to the name.

I was in a hurry, so I opened the "Convert_1_2.dir" example in the
"Common" folder of the V4MD Examples to convert the DB.
To make it work I had to uncomment theese lines:

     dbVersion = Valentina.getDatabaseVersion(path)
     if dbVersion = 0 or dbVersion = 512 then
       return
     end if

because getDatabaseVersion gives a "Handler not found in object" error.

Converted to v2, the table exported fine in VStudio.

Giacomo Vernoni
www.way-out.it