V4RB: 2.5.8 --> 3.5.2

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Apr 11 03:17:53 CDT 2008

On 4/10/08 10:54 AM, "Claudius Sailer" <Claudius at sailer-online.de> wrote:

Hi Claudius,

> is it correct that I have to modify following old code
>
> DBValentinaVersion = valentina.GetDatabaseVersion( f )
>
> in this new code?
>
> DBValentinaVersion = valentina.GetSchemaVersion( f )

> or
>
> DBValentinaVersion = valentina.GetDatabaseFormatVersion( f )

What semantic you need?

> DBValentinaVersion = valentina.GetSchemaVersion( f )

This is SCHEMA VERSION
    you self SET it and GET it

    you need this to support SCHEMA modifications in your app
    for different versions.

> DBValentinaVersion = valentina.GetDatabaseFormatVersion( f )

Returns internal FORMAT of db files.
    WE - Paradigma change it, you can also check it.

So choose now self depending from semantic of your old code.