Valentina for Director 11

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Apr 5 03:58:14 CDT 2008

On 4/5/08 11:39 AM, "Hunter Ochs" <hunterochs at gmx.net> wrote:

Hi Hunter,

> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> I was of course using the new "v4md_3_mac_ub.dmg". It doesn't ask for any
> install location when I run it. It says "successfully installed", but I
> don't see where anything got installed.

> Where is the directory you mention, "/usr/local/lib/vcomponents", on my Mac?

Okay I see.

1) /usr/local/lib/VComponents

/usr   - this is hidden folder of MAC OS X.
        to get inside it you need in Finder choose

        cmd + G         => menu "Go" -> Go To Folder
            and type that path

2) V4MD_3 folder is installed into

        HOME/Paradigma Software/V4MD_3

    here you will find Xtra itself - you need copy it self to
        Director / Xtras folder

    and here you can see V4MD_3/Examples.

We now prepare 3.6 build of Valentina, will be added new classes,
    so we update all PDFs of API References. Also we will
    double check that WIKI contains all this new info also

> Am I using the wrong files? I downloaded from
> <http://www.valentina-db.com/download/v4md_3_mac_ub.dmg>

Right archive

> All the examples in this package are MX 2004 files, none have been updated
> to Dir 11. Is this correct?

* Yes, because the same examples still must work with older version of
Director.