Open Database on Server

Joseph Morgan joseph at checkos.com
Mon Oct 29 20:45:17 CDT 2007

On Oct 29, 2007, at 4:50 PM, Thorsten Hohage wrote:

> What are you missing? Not that I'm related in writing THESE docs,
> but as a developer I always need to write docs, too and IMHO the
> Valentina DOCS are really good. So perhaps giving some more details
> would improve THESE docs and help avoiding "misconception" for
> other documentation

Ok this is all just my opinion. I am not the authority in these
things. But,

The docs on the wiki seems a little scattered and incomplete. When I
first got started with
valentina, I would have preffered a pdf or pdf's with all needed info
to download
and view off line. I know there are some pdf's available but they are
not up to date.
Perhaps even a tutorial for porting from the various popular
databases would be helpful.
This would also be a great selling point to potential new customers.

That all being said, I know how difficult it is to do all of this.
Given the choice, I would take
things the way they are: the developers of valentina concentrate on
updating and developing
the product quickly. This is preferred over slower development and
slower bug fixes.

Joseph