VServer & SSH

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 04:59:25 CDT 2007

Doh !
Feeling stupid.

>> mini-mac:/Library/VServer_Embedded root# /Library/StartupItems/
>> VServer_Embedded/VServer_Embedded &
>> [2] 257
>> [1]   Exit 127                VServer_Embedded.app
>> mini-mac:/Library/VServer_Embedded root# /Library/StartupItems/
>> VServer_Embedded/VServer_Embedded: line 27: $1: unbound variable
>> mini-mac:/Library/VServer_Embedded root#
>>
>> I think the first line is the recommend way to launch from terminal ?
>>
>> So why does it not launch ??
>
> Must be
>
> /Library/StartupItems/VServer_Embedded/VServer_Embedded start
>
> With ampersand probably
>
> /Library/StartupItems/VServer_Embedded/VServer_Embedded start &

OK, VServer is happily running. Now back to my original question.

When I connect (with SSH) from another machine through a new SSH -
session is there a way to have the logging output of the already
running VServer be directed to this terminal session.

Hmm, seems difficult to explain:

1) I have a VServer running (launched when the machine started--->
startupItem)
2) Now I connect from another machine (over the internet) with an SSH
session to this Valentina Server
3) I can do top and I see the VServer running as a process
4) In this SSH session I would like to see the log-output of the
VServer. How can I do that WITHOUT restarting the VServer from within
the SSH terminal. Because when I do I get the output but I do not
want to restart the VServer process

TIA

Bart Pietercil