VServer & SSH

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 13:55:17 CDT 2007

Hi Ruslan,

On 26-okt-07, at 19:27, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 26/10/07 6:31 PM, "Bart Pietercil" <bart.pietercil at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Bart,
>
>> I am talking about the log. When you start VServer from the terminal
>> you get the log output in the terminal immediately.
>
>> That is the output I want to be able to pick up when I login with SSH
>
> You want say that working via SSH you do not get this output in the
> terminal?
>
> I do not remember that we have such "feature".
> You sure?
>
> SSH is just encryption of TCP/IP protocol.
> It should not be related to behavior of logs.

no, no.
But first things first....
I am trying to launch VServer_Embedded from the terminal

mini-mac:/Library/VServer_Embedded root# /Library/StartupItems/
VServer_Embedded/VServer_Embedded &
[2] 257
[1]   Exit 127                VServer_Embedded.app
mini-mac:/Library/VServer_Embedded root# /Library/StartupItems/
VServer_Embedded/VServer_Embedded: line 27: $1: unbound variable
mini-mac:/Library/VServer_Embedded root#

I think the first line is the recommend way to launch from terminal ?

So why does it not launch ??

I logged in as root, when I restart the machine VServer runs, so why
this error ?

TIA

Bart