[V4RB] No PPC app from UB machine

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Fri Oct 26 02:32:36 CDT 2007

Hi Joseph,

On 2007-10-26, at 03:10, Joseph Morgan wrote:
>> Now we must look at the OS. At least many generations of PPC-G4
>> and all earlier machines can run on MAC OS 9.
>>
>> So when you talk about a "PPC" computer WHAT do you really mean in
>> sense of build machine and furthermore in sense of test machine.
>
> The build machine is a ibook g4 laptop running osx 10.4.10
> The test machines right now are imac g3's running osx 10.2.8

THIS was the information, that was missing before. Although
theoretical the app should run on 10.2.8, there was several issues
why a RB build app didn't run on this version anymore. You should
check the RB-NUG-archives, but AFAIR 10.3.x (propably x >= 9) is
necessary, 10.4.x recommended. Of course this issues is related with
the RB version number, too. So not all versions have all the issues
with the old OS version.

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--