Indexing and collation question

jda jda at his.com
Tue Oct 23 16:20:41 CDT 2007

Hi Ruslan,

My db and its indexes are now collated as
kSecondary (searches are diacritic sensitive).

Some of my users are asking for
diacritic-insensitive searches. Since I want
indexed searches to be affected only, I thought
that I'd add this to the main index (allFields).

allFields.CollationAttribute(EVColAttribute.kStrength)
= EVColAttributeValue.kPrimary

This seems to work just fine and now searches for
u also find ü (umlaut over the u).

I have to questions:

1. Is this safe? Am I missing something obvious that might bite me later?

2. Since I'm using the classes way, I'm assuming
that this can't be changed once a db is created.

Thanks,

Jon