3 questions

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Sat Oct 20 11:44:55 CDT 2007

On 2007-10-20, at 00:42, Joseph Morgan wrote:
> On Oct 19, 2007, at 11:31 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>
>> So I think its possible in one day polish your RBDB API app to be
>> Valentina
>> API using find/replace  on the whole project
> I know, but I am lazy : )
> And I thought vrbdatabase would be easy street : )

Easy for what?

App for multiple DBs and easy switch between DBs? - Far better to use
a DBContext class and put all DB relevant code in there using the
specific power of each DB AND be as multiple-DB-open as possible.

Easy for migration? - Perhaps, but this is like buying a Ferrari and
then only drive on 4 cylinders, you simply miss the power offered by
Valentina.

Easy for entry level? Might be, but RB-DB technology is not full
reliable all the time and like the depreciating of bindings show
sometimes a stony way. Using the very well documented pure Valentina
way (this says nothing about API or SQL) might be a better choice.
Furthermore you can in this case rely on the full power of this list.

Easy for your personal needs? - Maybe but the easiest way must not be
the most efficient way and IMHO this is not a good choice in this case.

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--
objectmanufactur.com - Hamburg,Germany