[V4RB] Compiling PPC on an Intel machine

Bill Mounce BillMounce at Comcast.net
Fri Oct 19 17:11:41 CDT 2007

>> I just switched to an Intel Mac. I tried using the carbon version of
>> the Valentina plugin with REALBasic and found you can't do that, so I
>> switched to the UB plugin.
>>
>> However, now I cannot compile a PPC version of my app. I get errors
>> in the compiled app showing that the compiled app can't find the
>> plugin.
>>
>> I tried putting both UB and PPC plugins into the plugin folder before
>> compiling and that didn't seem to help.

I compiled my app with Valentina UB on an Intel machine. The app is
PPC, and then installed my app on a clean PPC machine with
VComponents folder properly installed as well. I still get an
assertion error on boot; the app can't find Valentina.

Any suggestions?

Bill