[FAQ] How Table Method Similar/Differ to StoredProcedures

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 16:25:05 CDT 2007

Hi Ruslan,
On 19-okt-07, at 09:30, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> 3) Methods this is SIMPLE EXPRESSION (yes based on SQL rules)
>     that calculates SCALAR value for a Method,
>     using VALUES OF single CURRENT record of table.

Could you clarify this:

If a method is indexed I always assumed this would get a "stored"
value in the methodfield, so in this case it would not only b
calculated for the CURRENT record, but for all records.
As I understand it a method field can only use values from the
current record to calculated its value. The value can (or cannot,
depending on indexed or not) be stored inside the column for all
records( when indexed) or is recalculated every time a record is
"touched" (when not indexed)

Do I understand this correctly?

TIA

Bart Pietercil