3 questions

Barry G. Sumpter BarrySum at BigPond.Net.AU
Fri Oct 19 09:28:21 CDT 2007

3.

See my previous posts regarding date usage.

This is how I set the dateformat for my Valentina DB in RB2007R3

  myValentinaDB.DateFormat = EVDateFormat.kYMD
  myValentinaDB.Datesep = "-"

I recall only ever having to do this once.
And it stays like that.
I force the setting every time I open the db to make sure I haven't
accidentally reset it or a version release conversion has reset it.

----
I like this YYYYMMDD or YYYY-MM-DD format because you can't go wrong with
sorting either from the db or from a control.

----
This is how I retrieve the date from einhugar DateControl

  strStartDate = dtStart.DateValue.SQLDate
  strEndDate = dtEnd.DateValue.SQLDate

----

This is how I set the DateTime stamp for updating a Valentina date field

  Dim dt as Date
  dt = New Date

  dim strLastUpdated As String

  strLastUpdated = dt.SQLDateTime

    sql = "UPDATE Menus "
    sql = sql + "SET Num = '" +strNum + "' , "
    sql = sql + "StartDate = '" + strStartDate + "' , "
    sql = sql + "EndDate = '" + strEndDate + "', "
    sql = sql + "Description = '" + efDescription.text + "', "
    sql = sql + "Status = '" +  str(intStatus) + "', "
    sql = sql + "LastUpdated = '" +  strLastUpdated + "' "
    sql = sql + "WHERE RecID = " + stRecID.text

hth