select hour(timefield) as 'f1' from table1 group by f1

Joseph Morgan joseph at checkos.com
Thu Oct 18 20:14:35 CDT 2007

On Oct 18, 2007, at 2:28 AM, Ivan Smahin wrote:

> Now you want:
> select f1 from (select hour(f2) as 'f1' from t1) group by f1
>
> But you can create a method instead:
>
> alter table t1 add column m1 long method('month(f2)')
>
> And now you can:
> Select m1 from t1 group by m1

Wow!
That really speeded things up!
When I first bought valentina license, I was
trying to figure out how it could be so fast. I
did not see it because of all the v4rb api problems
but its all coming together now and I am getting a
taste of the speed.

Also, I have always just been doing generic sql selects.
I never tampered with stored procedures and the like. Are
methods the same or similar to stored procedures? Maybe
this will shorten up all the complex selects? I guess
I've been missing out.

Thanks,
Joseph