select hour(timefield) as 'f1' from table1 group by f1

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Oct 18 04:05:42 CDT 2007

On 18/10/07 12:35 AM, "Joseph Morgan" <joseph at checkos.com> wrote:

Hi Joseph,

> Well I am not familiar at all with methods.

> How do I go about creating and storing a method.

The same as regular field, just it have one more parameter Method string:

1) API:

    tbl.CreateStringField( "m12", 50, fIndexed, "concat(f1,f2)" )

2) SQL

    CREATE TABLE T1
    (
        f1 String(50) INDEXED,
        f2 String(50) INDEXED,
        m12 String(50) METHOD('concat(f1,f2)') INDEXED,
    )

> Does the method stay permanently
> on the database?

YES

> Is there some documentation on creating methods?

Indirect in API Reference, and SQL Reference.

> Also, I am using realbasic, does that effect how I go about it?

See above examples