Table Methods

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Wed Oct 17 18:22:01 CDT 2007

Hallo Joseph,

On 2007-10-17, at 23:35, Joseph Morgan wrote:

> Well I am not familiar at all with methods.
It's not a common feature for most DBs, so that's ok ;-)

> How do I go about creating and storing a method.
Use VStudio and follow the desciption in the link below

> Does the method stay permanently on the database?
Yes (in the table)

> Is there some documentation on creating methods?
of course: <http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?
id=paradigma:public:en:documentation:vstudio:manual:user_interface:dialo
gs:create_method&s=vstudio+table+methods>

> Also, I am using realbasic, does that effect how I go about it?
No, you can access methods like fields when doing a select, of course
it's calculated, so you can not update it.

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--
objectmanufactur.com - Hamburg,Germany