Last really stable version?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Oct 16 02:30:57 CDT 2007

On 16/10/07 10:19 AM, "Barry G. Sumpter" <BarrySum at BigPond.Net.AU> wrote:

Hi Barry,
Hi All,

> I have to keep reminding myself.
>
> Pick a version.
> And stick with it.
>
> Each db version has its own idiosyncrasies.
> i.e. its own set of issues.
>
> Don't make the mistake of changing db versions just before release.
> Else you'll lose your controlled environment.
>
> To make my point, MY most stable version is 3.1.
> I've been developing against 3.1 for the last 5 months.
> I recently tested my apps against 3.4 and found all kinds of issues.
> Too many to start coding around again.

Have you report them into Mantis, Barry?

I want ask everybody who stick with older version, still at least once per
week spend some time to test with newer builds. AND if you see issues please
report them.

Also let me remind, that EACH reported bug, we close with one or even few
additional regression test. When your issue is protected by regression test,
this makes GURANTEE that any future release will not break it!! Because we
never ship newer build until we get all regression tests DONE.

This is why its important for you SEND US reports !!!

    You develop projects few months, so each project stress-test
    db engine from some unique side.

    Sending us reports is NOT waste of your time. In fact this is
    protection and save of your time in long term.