[ORM] - faulting/collections

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Fri Oct 12 08:42:47 CDT 2007

Hi Ruslan,

On 2007-10-12, at 15:06, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
> Then let me compare this to next Valentina concept.
>
> Valentina offers what? Right.  BitSet and ArraySet.
>
> You have on client object Invoice.
>     you want find RELATED items.
>     Valentina return back ArraySet  -- this is N * 4 bytes RecIDs.
>
> Now if you want access each of that related object you get it by
> RecID.
>
> So also looks like low level kind of faulting. Right? :)

Yes, you're so right here again ;-)

BUT what if I used the "praised" VLinks and then I want to get the
related items? Is there a way to first get the ArraySet of the RecIDs
of the "objects" in the ObjectLink and then fetch some of the "full"
objects step by step?

Because it doesn't help to think about using BitSet or ArraySet here
and ObjectLink for the other topic, ... all these topics are related.

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--
objectmanufactur.com - Hamburg,Germany