[ORM] - faulting/collections

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Oct 12 08:06:15 CDT 2007

On 11/10/07 11:32 AM, "Thorsten Hohage" <thohage at objectmanufactur.com>
wrote:

>> When COLLECTIONS will be PART of DATABASE STRUCTURE (!!!)
>>     then OR Frameworks will become more and more simple.
>
> yes, but there must be some more things implemented for Valentina5
> except the collections and inheritance and table methods then ;-)
>

> BUT what I want to add about "faulting" and collections in DB and ...
>
> When I need "related" object I perhaps get 1000 faults - this means
> 1000 ULongLong number that needed to be transfered to the client.
> When I do it in the db-collection way then probably 1000 invoices are
> transferred and because the positions and reminders are again
> embedded in collections in a row of the invoice table you probably
> transfer them, too. ... Hugh way to wast bandwith and a good example
> to explain novice orm-developers why they should use faults (if the
> ORM did not automatically).

Okay, clear.

Then let me compare this to next Valentina concept.

Valentina offers what? Right.  BitSet and ArraySet.

You have on client object Invoice.
    you want find RELATED items.
    Valentina return back ArraySet  -- this is N * 4 bytes RecIDs.

Now if you want access each of that related object you get it by RecID.

So also looks like low level kind of faulting. Right? :)