vrBDataBase

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 10:32:55 CDT 2007

Hi List,

euhm, I 've been following this thread all day without realising that
it is about RB connecting to VServer embedded.

Did I understand this correctly ? Because we are connecting to a
VServer embedded all the time like this

   Valentina.Init(3*1024*1024,"macserial","Vwinserial","linuxserial")

   Try
     if isServer Then

       Dim myConnection As VConnection
       Dim mySRV As VServer

       myConnection  = New VConnection(host,"user","password",port,
10,"embedded string")

       myConnection.Open()

       if  myConnection.IsConnected Then
         Super.VDatabase(myConnection)
       end if

     Else
       Super.VDatabase
     end if
   Catch Err As VException
     MsgBox("Error in Create ValDB: " + Err.Message)
   end Try

mind you this method comes from a subclass of ValentinaDB

hth

Bart