Null and concat

Thorsten Hohage thohage at objectmanufactur.com
Fri Oct 5 10:05:00 CDT 2007

Hi Ivan,

On 2007-10-05, at 16:50, Ivan Smahin wrote:
> Could you send me that db?
before sending the db again ...

> I tried to reproduce it - but it works as expected.
>
> --
> CREATE TABLE "t1" (
>         "f1" STRING (20) ,
>         "f2" STRING (20) ,
>         "m1" STRING (20) METHOD ('concat( f1, f2 )') );

I've got only varchar fields, could this be a difference?

>> Furthermore I then expect that NULL are always handled as empty
>> string in any string operation.
>
> Null means indeterminacy.

yes, that's clear to me, BUT I'm talking about that the NULL value
should always been treated in the same way, not about the meaning of
a null value.

But one of my professors at the university always told: There are
uncountable number of different "0" out there ...

regards

Thorsten Hohage
--
objectmanufactur.com - Hamburg,Germany