Escaping

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 14:16:19 CDT 2007

On 4-okt-07, at 21:10, Thorsten Hohage wrote:

> Hi Bart,
>
> On 2007-10-04, at 20:29, Bart Pietercil wrote:
>
>> where do if find the escape_string function in RB
>
> nowhere - there is no!
>
> * You can use some "tricky" way on mis-using the XML-Classes, but
> the XML classes are buggy ...
>
> * I can send you of-list a pair of classes OMStringBuilder and
> OMTextFilter that I use to generate "special" XML-output and fast
> mass-string concatenation, ... and escaping
>
> * or we make a FR for a escape_string function in Valentina and let
> Valentina do the stuff for us ;-)

Strange since the function exists for Vphp and Ruby

My problem is this:

I'm trying to send the trigger creation sql to my db

this is the function in RB

   Dim StandardTriggerText As String
   Dim AffectedRows As Integer
   Dim aKey As Variant

   Try

     Select case KindOfTrigger
     case "BU"
       StandardTriggerText = "CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER
'trigger_"+tblName+"_BU' BEFORE UPDATE ON '"+tblName+"' FOR EACH ROW"
+ EndOfLine + _
       "BEGIN" + EndOfLine+ _
       "NEW.modification_dt = NOW();" +EndOfLine + _
       "NEW.objptr_modified_by = @user_id;" + EndOfLine + _
       "END;"
       Valentina.
       AffectedRows = SqlExecute(StandardTriggerText)
     case "BI"

       StandardTriggerText = "CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER
"+"trigger_"+tblName+"_BI' BEFORE INSERT ON '"+tblName+"' FOR EACH
ROW" + EndOfLine+ _
       "BEGIN" + EndOfLine+ _
       "if @user_id IS NOT null then" + EndOfLine + _
       "NEW.objptr_created_by = @user_id;" + EndOfLine+ _
       "NEW.objptr_modified_by = @user_id;" + EndOfLine + _
       "End IF" + EndOfLine + _
       "NEW.creation_dt = NOW();"+EndOfLine + _
       "NEW.modification_dt = NOW();"+EndOfLine+ _
       "END;"

     Else
       MsgBox("Unimplemented case in method CreateStandardTrigger")
       Return False
     end select

     return True
   catch Err as VException
     MsgBox(Err.Message)
     Return False
   end Try

now the problem is that Valentina does NOT like the single quotes for
the trigger name so I need to send double quotes.

I am a bit a lost here.

Bart