[INFO] MAC and WIN compilation

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Oct 2 06:18:23 CDT 2007

On 2/10/07 2:01 PM, "chris livermore" <chrisliv at unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

Hi Chris,

> OK,
> are you saying that when I create a win app in my macintel Runrev and
> ask it to include the valentina2 driver that this will not work on a
> win computer? I know about the vcomponents folder, that's fine.

> So the 'Valentina for Revolution Mac Host (Macho+Win+Lin)' that I
> have downloaded and installed on my macintel DOES NOT include the win
> drivers?

YES.

> You mean I have to compile runrev win apps on a win computer, is that
> right?

YES.

Its possible with some efforts for you setup your MAC to COMPILE win app,
but what big sense in this? Can you explain?

You still need MOVE that app to Windows computer, and there run it to test.

> If so I am at a complete loss as to why the valentina 'Mac
> Host' has Maco/Win/Lin options?

Well, in fact this is rally wrong info that it is for archive:
    'Valentina for Revolution Mac Host (Macho+Win+Lin)'

We need correct this.

Valentina 2.x (and 3.x) is not simple one DLL as it was in v1.

Most plugins for REALbasic, Director and Revolution - really is just ONE
file.

But Valentina is MORE complex plugin, which is combination
        PLUGIN.DLL  +  (VComponents folder)

Q: WHY WE DO NOT INCLUDE Windows drivers?