Odd File Error

jda jda at his.com
Mon Nov 26 10:44:50 CST 2007

Hi Ruslan,

I've learned that simply referring to the isWriteable property of a
folderItem on the Mac "touches" the Valentina database somehow, so
that it throws the exception -38 when flushed or closed.

So my question changes to this: how can I tell that a db is already
open when I try to access it? I'm writing a function that will write
to a remote db and it must be closed for this -- I need to be able to
warn the user if it is open and unavailable for the write.

Thanks,

Jon