Deploying on Windows

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Mon Nov 26 05:38:06 CST 2007

Hi,

I got the following from the deployment page:

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?
id=paradigma:public:en:documentation:v4rev:manual:deployment:windows

> With this method, everything is stored inside a single folder
> (”MyAppFolder”).
>
> This way is the easiest and trouble free, because your user can
> install/uninstall your application as single folder.
>
> For this way you need to do the following steps:
>
> create and name the folder
> copy your Revolution-based application into the folder
> copy inside all files from the VComponents folder but not the
> VComponents folder itself.
> You can distribute your application folder and your application
> will be able to locate all components when it initializes Valentina.
>
> Note: On initialization, Valentina searches for the components
> needed to operate and looks first in the folder where the
> application is located for a vresources folder. If it finds it
> here, then Valentina assumes that all other items of VComponents
> folder also are here.

However after installing the Valentina/RunRev package, I cannot find
a folder called "VComponents". I do however see a folder called
VComponents_Win_VC, is this the right folder?

Thanks a lot

All the Best

Dave