[VStudio Mac OS X] old problems

Giacomo Vernoni giacomo at way-out.it
Fri Nov 23 08:14:36 CST 2007

Hi Ruslan,

I'm asking you some news about a couple of problems I have reported:

1) dump database xml doesn't work on mac (reported on list on october
17)

> If I dump _every_ single table of the DB, no problem; if I dump the
> entire DB, VStudio just hangs with a spinning ball and I must force
> quit.
> Always deleted existing VStudio and preferences before installing
> another version.

Update: tried with 3.5b7. Problem is still there.
Should I add this to Mantis?

To Ruslan and the list: Can someone try to dump a DB in XML and let
me know if it works?

2) http://valentina-db.com/bt/view.php?id=2830 (sorry I reported this
under V4MD instead of VStudio in Mantis)

> Dragging a .vdb file on the icon dock or on the application icon
> doesn't open the database anymore.
> The first time just opens the app, then it just does nothing.
> Tried on 3.5b6 and on older 3.5 betas. I don't remember the last
> time it worked.
> Tried with v1 and v2.60 DBs.

Update: even double click on .vdb file in Finder doesn't work
(3.5b7). It just opens VStudio or (if already opened) brings VStudio
window on focus.
The problem is minor... but on everyday work it gets annoying!

Mac OS X 10.4.11, G5 Quad.

BTW: with b7 the problems with v1 DBs seem solved. Thanks!

Regards,
Giacomo Vernoni