Problems running example of V4REV for REvolution

valentina-list at m-r-d.de valentina-list at m-r-d.de
Tue Nov 20 11:57:34 CST 2007

Hi,

i am new to Valentina.

I installed Valentina3.4 for Revolution under Windows Vista. After successfull installation I started the "install.rev" to install/copy the valentina files to the revolution externals and runtime folders. This went through also.

But i cannot run successfully the v4rev_examples.rev stack. I can open the stack, but trying to init Valentina in local mode gives me the errormessage "Function error in function handler". So i checked the properties of that stack to see, if the externals are set correctly. The file paths for the externals shown in the properties inspector are V4REV_2/V4REV_win.dll and V4REV_2/V4REV_Macho . But this is not correct, is it?

The paths two where the files were copied are
C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/My Revolution Studio/Externals/v4rev.dll
C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/My Revolution Studio/Externals/Database Drivers/dbvalentina2.dll

I changed the externals property of that stack to
C:/Users/Administrator/Documents/My Revolution Studio/Externals/v4rev.dll
I deleted the entry with V4REV_Macho (i think it´s neccessary for MAC), as this does not exists on my machine.

But i still cannot init valentina.

Can i get some advice to get the example to run?

Btw.: Why are there the wrong paths in the example-stack? Was the example stack of Valentina 2 for Revolution included in the Windows Installation Package of V4REV?

Hope someone can help.

All the best,

Matt