Windows Problem with RunRev/Valentina

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Tue Nov 20 10:16:29 CST 2007

Hi,

I have RunRev and Valentia installed it on two Mac's, a G5 and a G4
PowerBook. I have a test application that works ok on the PowerBook,
give an error on the G5 and on Windows, in both cases revOpenDatabase
() returns an error:

On windows revOpenDatabase() returns empty as the database ID.

On the G5 it returns, "revdberr,invalid database type",

  the only real difference that I can see that could affect it is
that the G5 also has RunRev 2.6.6.152 installed, could this be the
cause of the problem? And why should I get an error on Windows?

Here is the RunRev code of the failing function:

--  LibDBOpenDatabase
function LibDBOpenDatabase theDatabaseFileName
   local myDatabaseType
   local myDatabaseID
   local myDatabaseFilePathName

   --
   --  Open the Database
   --

   put "sqlite" into myDatabaseType
   put "Valentina" into myDatabaseType

   if the platform = "Win32" then
       put replaceText(theDatabaseFileName,"/","\") into
myDatabaseFilePathName
  else
      put the theDatabaseFileName into myDatabaseFilePathName
  end if

   if myDatabaseType = "sqlite" then
     put revOpenDatabase(myDatabaseType, myDatabaseFilePathName,,,)
into myDatabaseID
   else
     put revOpenDatabase(myDatabaseType,"", myDatabaseFilePathName,,)
into myDatabaseID
   end if
   if myDatabaseID is not an integer then
     answer error "LibDBOpenDatabase - Error from Database
revOpenDatabase:" && myDatabaseID
     breakpoint
     return empty
   end if

  -- get revDB_execute(myDatabaseID,"PRAGMA encoding=UTF-16")

   return myDatabaseID
end LibDBOpenDatabase

Thanks a lot
All the Best