Windows Problem with RunRev/Valentina

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Tue Nov 20 09:11:12 CST 2007

Hi,

I'm working on a Demo, the 65 seconds is ok for now, we will look to
speed it up once the pressure is off.

On windows revOpenDatabase() returns empty as the database ID.

I now have another problem I installed Valentina on the demo machine
and ran the RunRev install Script, this seemed to work ok. However
when I run my Test App it gives an error "revdberr,invalid database
type". The only different that I can see that could affect it is that
this machine also has RunRev 2.6.6.152 installed, could this be the
cause of the problem?

Here is the RunRev code of the failing function:

--  LibDBOpenDatabase
function LibDBOpenDatabase theDatabaseFileName
   local myDatabaseType
   local myDatabaseID

   --
   --  Open the Database
   --

   put "sqlite" into myDatabaseType
   put "Valentina" into myDatabaseType

   if myDatabaseType = "sqlite" then
     put revOpenDatabase(myDatabaseType,theDatabaseFileName,,,) into
myDatabaseID
   else
     put revOpenDatabase(myDatabaseType,"",theDatabaseFileName,,)
into myDatabaseID
   end if
   if myDatabaseID is not an integer then
     answer error "LibDBOpenDatabase - Error from Database
revOpenDatabase:" && myDatabaseID
     breakpoint
     return empty
   end if

  -- get revDB_execute(myDatabaseID,"PRAGMA encoding=UTF-16")

   return myDatabaseID
end LibDBOpenDatabase

Thanks a lot
All the Best