VPHP and ASCII > 127

Mr. Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 16:47:08 CST 2007

On 8-nov-07, at 22:31, Thorsten Hohage wrote:

> Hi Bart,
>
> On 2007-11-08, at 16:13, Mr. Bart Pietercil wrote:
>> of course the problem is the characters above ascii 127
>> Does this mean the problem lies in the sql ?
>
> No - I experienced the same problems with german umlauts some weeks
> ago and the problem is NOT the sql itself, but the sql produced in
> VStudio due to some issues in wxWidgets.
>
> You can i.e. test how umlaut or accented chars are handled when
> writing a sql file with BBEdit and then use SQL-Load statement in
> VStudio. For me using V4RB works perfect handling umlauts, too.
>

> Additional there are many umlaut and encoding issues (no, NOT
> specific in Valentina) with Leopard, on what system are you on?

Tiger, but of course the main problem is VPHP. VPHP seems to have the
same problem and that is a MAJOR problem (when the main client is
french).

So maybe you can help me out here. Since the DB is set to be UTF-16 I
would expect it to handle all characters, so the problem must be in
VPHP. Maybe I need to encode the string before submitting ?

What encoding settings are you db 's in ?

tia

Bart