VPHP and ASCII > 127

Mr. Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 09:13:56 CST 2007

Hi List,

I am a bit lost at inserting (through VPHP) this string into the
VServer. VServer setting is UTF-16 (of course)

"garçon élève"

of course the problem is the characters above ascii 127

they show up as rubisch in the db.

When I insert them through VStudio there is no problem, but
displaying these in a php page gives the same problem (garbish chars)

So obviously there is a setting in PHP I need to change (or in the
db?). Question is what do I need to change I order to be able to
correctly insert the é,è,ô,ê and so on through VPHP

This is really blocking us

TIA

Bart Pietercil

UPDATE

This sql run through SQL-Editor in VStudio

update tbl_input_languages set language_name = 'français' WHERE recid
= 2

exhibits the same problem. Looking at the data in the data-editor the
"ç" is replaced with a black square with a question mark in it.

Does this mean the problem lies in the sql ?

TIA

Bart