Server OS for Valentina Server

Jim Carwardine jim at hiringsmart.ca
Thu May 24 14:06:45 CDT 2007

I'm really interested in the answer to this one.  Can anyone enlighten me?
Jim

on 5/22/07 3:20 PM, Bart Pietercil wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I'm trying to decide what operating system would be the best to host
> Valentina Server
>
> I am not trying to start a mine is better than yours discussion.
>
> The choices are
>
> Linux Server
>
> Personal Minus:
>
> 1) I can get around but I am not really familiar (confident) on a
> Linux Distro, so longer learning curve (and I don't have time, off
> course)
> 2) Valentina Server is still very young on this OS, so I suppose
> there will be some quirks to battle
>
> Pro
> Stable and hardened OS
> Price ?---> not really clear since training cost and probably
> professional assistance would be needed
> Practically virus free
>
> Windows Server 2003 ?
>
> Con
>
> Price + upgrade policies
> Viruses, best know to hackers
> Administration intensive ?
>
> Pro
> Stable and hardened OS
> Valentina runs stable
>
> Windows XP Pro
>
> Why would I need to go to W2003 Server ????
> What are the advantages (for running Valentina Server) of MS Server
> OS over MS XP Pro ?
> Better connection management ??
>
> OSX Server
>
> Pro
> Stable and Hardened OS
> "NO" virusses (for the time being)
> Price ?
>
> Con
> ??
>

> OSX
>
> Do I need OSX Server for running a Valentina Server ?
>

> Thanks for your insights on this matter
>
> Bart Pietercil

HiringSmart Canada is a successful international end-to-end human resource
support business
> providing science-based assessments and productivity tools to multi-branch
> businesses
> where each branch, without the help of an HR professional, attracts, hires and
> engages THE RIGHT PEOPLE.

We Help You Attract, Hire and Keep the Right People.
www.TalentSeeker.ca   www.HiringSmart.ca   www.KeepingTheBest.ca

HiringSmart Canada
23 Shoal Cove Road, Seabright, Nova Scotia, Canada.  B3Z 3A9
Phone: 902-823-2339. Fax: 902-823-2139