Create local database problem

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at gmail.com
Mon May 21 08:55:47 CDT 2007

Hi List, Ruslan

I'm having trouble creating a local database on windows with V4RB.

Problem is the created database is always appended with .vdb
extension. This is not happening on OSX.
Is there a way to prevent this from happening.

What I do is:

f = getSaveFolderitem(".myextension","afilename")

This works fine, it gives me a file with the name "test.cpf"
When I pass this folderitem to the Valentina.Create function, it
returns a valid databasefile with the name "test.cpf.vdb"----> Not good

Can I prevent Valentina from appending its own extension, when there
is already an extension ?

TIA

Bart Pietercil